I’m here to tell you that the food industry is lying to you. There are many “safe” food additives on the market that really are NOT SAFE!! Yes, you heard me right AND I will give you a small list of them below to prove it. These food additives are literally making you sicker, robbing you of your youth, and making you gain weight!
Food additives are man-made, synthetic chemicals used to preserve foods, make them taste better, add supposed nutritional value and get this…THEY BYPASS YOUR HUNGER MECHANISM MAKING YOU CRAVE MORE AND EAT MORE FOOD! Now, let’s think like the food industry for a second… If people, eat more food and increase in size, then they will crave more food and then we can sell them more food! It’s a great way to make money if you really think about it. Very unethical, but brilliant. BELIEVE IT OR NOT, THIS IS HAPPENING! Look around at the American population. Do you really think that it is coincidence that 70% of the US is obese? By 2030, the Journal of Obesity is predicting the 90% of the United States will be obese.
Will You Be A Victim TOO?
The sad part about this whole situation is the fact that the general public has no idea that theyare being lied to. This reminds me of a quote…
“Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it and eventually they will believe it” – Adolf Hitler
The media is using psychological marketing tactics to make you believe that foods that are “fat free” are healthy and helping you to lose weight.
Please, please, please don’t trust everything that you hear. Especially from the news, commercials, TV, radio, etc. They don’t have your best interest at heart. You are a consumer so they want to help you consume their products or their sponsor’s products.
Alright, sorry about all the ranting and raving, I just get so emotional about this topic because I see people everyday in my office who suffer because they have been lied to.
The Worst Ingredients On A Food Label
1. High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS): This is a man made sweetener that is cheaper to produce and actually sweeter than sugar. There are actually new commercials touting how healthy HFCS is. They are trying to say that it is safe and natural.
Let me ask you this: Can you squeeze corn syrup from corn? Can mom make high fructose corn syrup at home? NO! It’s a lie! Remember the quote above? HFCS is anything but natural and will actually shut off your hunger mechanism allowing you to eat without feeling full which will MAKE YOU FAT!
It is associated with blood sugar problems (ATTENTION Moms: Childhood obesity, and Juvenile Diabetes is on the rise! So is ADD/ADHD. HFCS is a huge culprit!) Depression, fatigue, B vitamin deficiency, indigestion and tooth decay.
HGCS is found in soda, candy, condiments, cereals, breads, etc.
2. Mono Sodium Glutamate (MSG): MSG is a food flavoring that is notorious in Chinese foods. It is also hidden in a variety of other foods and goes by many different names: hydrolyzed vegetable protein, hydrolyzed plant extract, plant protein extract, sodium caseinate, yeast extract, texturized protein, autolyzed yeast, hydrolyzed oat flour, natural flavorings and calcium caseinate to name a few… there are dozens more names.
MSG is the MOST addictive substance known to man and makes you want to eat more and more! It is called an excitotoxin because it excites your brain cells to the point that it actually makes them explode and die. Sound like something good to put in you and your kids bodies?
Watch out… it is found in everything from fast food, to kid’s snacks, drinks, chips, etc., allergic reactions. (80% of people are shown to be allergic to MSG)
MSG causes headaches, itching, nausea, brain, nervous system, reproductive disorders, high blood pressure.
3. Artificial Sweeteners: Splenda (sucralose), Nutra-Sweet (aspartame), Equal (aspartame), SweetNLow (saccharin), sorbitol, maltodextrin, dextrose, and acefulsame are all falsely representing weight loss foods. They are very toxic to your body and will bypass your hunger mechanism, causing you to crave more food.
Stay away from anything labeled fat free, lite, no fat, no calories, calorie free, sugar free, reduced sugar and reduced fat. Most of these foods have been filled with artificial sweeteners. READ YOUR LABELS!
Is having no calories in your “diet” drink worth the risk?
Artificial sweeteners are liked to various cancers, blood sugar problems, central nervous system disturbances (nutra sweet in diet coke was blamed for gulf war syndrome) and menstrual difficulties to name a few.
4. Trans Fats: Partially Hydrogenated Soy Bean Oil, margarine, hydrogenated vegetable oils are fats whose molecular structure has been chemically altered in a lab. These are guaranteed to pack on the pounds because your body has no idea what to do with them because they are synthetic. These are associated with heart disease, breast and colon cancer, atherosclerosis, high cholesterol.
5. Food Colorings: Red Dye, Blue No 1, Yellow No 6, etc. These are made from coal tar and are potent carcinogens that cause allergic reactions and may contain cancer causing contaminants.
6. Preservatives/Additives: potassium benzoate, sulfites, nitrites, nitrates, BHA all can cause liver damage, kidney damage, behavioral problems, birth defects, cancers, infertility, weakened immune systems, headaches, nausea, etc.
WOW What a list!
Let’s sum everything that we’ve learned today up:
Be sure to Read Your Food Labels!
Be educated on what foods will help you lose weight and which ones
If the ingredient list is long… avoid it! It will not help you lose weight
and will make you sick!
Eat foods in their natural state – The farther away a food is processed
away from nature, the less healthy it is for you and the more likely it will
make you fat!
Avoid anything labeled as Fat Free, No Calories, Low Calorie, or No Fat!
Dr. Dan Walker
A. K. Chiropractic & Massage
Erie’s Reviving Bodywork Studio
At Integrative Wellness Options
4906 Richmond St
Erie, Pa 16509